Forums For Us Network: Off Topic Hut The Geek District The Admin Shack Mature Gamers 30 Day Challenges

• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Steam Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Photo
- - - - -

Your random gaming moments today

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#1 dimples

dimples

Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 08:27 PM

Share with us any random thing that happend to you (involving games in some form) today.

I bought a used copy of Xbox live arcade collection and there was a code inside for free 160 points. That was a wonderful surprice :rofl:
Seize the day or die regretting the time you lost

#2 Kozahk

Kozahk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,251 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 06 August 2011 - 07:26 AM

Bad Company 2 played a game with a friend of mine. You spawn as close to the frontlines as possible and sprint towards the enemy. The rules are: if you kill someone you have to take their kit and you can only use one magazine/clip + all grenades on the currently equipped kit; expending that you can only use your knife. So basically we spawned as engineers, rushed the enemy. My best streak was six kills going from, weapons: AK74U - M24 - T88 (another recon kit) - M4 - Gratch pistol (engineer) - knife (assault), before being shot picking up the last guy's kit. We had so much fun, you get into a rhythm of fire-pickup-fire etc. You find yourself darting all over the place :D

#3 Daggers

Daggers

OCH AYE LADDIE

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 889 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 04:01 PM

Got some air in a five o on saints row 2 and landed on a rooftop, that'd be about it really....

Smoke me a Kipper, I'll be back for breakfast!

Gamertag: AlMighty000

PSN: Kingslayer2190

#4 dimples

dimples

Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 07:03 AM

Got pissed that Need for speed shift 2 was 21€ for PS3, but 29€ for xbox 360. Do they really charge higher because of the stupid achievements system or why the hell? :/

#5 happysister

happysister

War Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 06:29 PM

found a site where they replicated the Advance Wars engine somewhat, and made it possible to play online with others. and i'm not talking the Days of Ruin game, i mean from Dual Strike on down. unfortunately, when a friend and i tried it out, we discovered the site ran super slow. so we're waiting to see if it'll be a bit less laggy later.

#6 Jimmysip

Jimmysip

Moving Target

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 07:45 PM

Broke into a small cave on Minecraft and discovered that every inch of available floorspace had a red speckled mushroom on it. The sight of all those mushrooms stretching off into the gloom was strangely eerie.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#7 Jason

Jason

Non-head Honcho.

• MG Staff
  • 3,950 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 07:20 PM

Lair of the killer mushrooms. If that's not already a B-Movie, I'm optioning it.

#8 Kozahk

Kozahk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,251 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 21 August 2011 - 12:21 AM

Sniped a horseman from 300 odd meters away in M&B: With Fire and Sword. Keeping in mind that you use period accurate muskets that can barely hit the side of a wall; let alone hitting this guy at such a distance; let alone nailing a headshot; let alone hitting a rapidly moving target. Your chances of pulling that off are like one in a million.

#9 AzH

AzH

Moving Target

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 11:04 PM

I made Darth Vader an Admiral. He was called Admiral Vader. Not quite the same effect as Darth.

#10 dimples

dimples

Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 08:57 AM

Discovered that I have 2 DLC achievements on Brink. And I don't have any DLC for the game :/ Weird

#11 Kozahk

Kozahk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,251 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 01 September 2011 - 12:23 PM

Tried out the 'Hard' versions of the maps in Valkyria Chronicles. On normal the first one had you starting at one end of a field, with you having to get to the other side through a tank, some infantry and a few lancers; no sweat. I played the same map on hard...and it changes the scenario completely. You are backed into a corner with a river on the right hand side, the bridge lined with mines, 2 Gatling gun turrets, 2 heavy tanks, 1 tank destroyer and 6 infantry. Ahead of you are another 2 heavy tanks, roughly 9 infantry units, mines and multiple snipers. On the left side is another tank destroyer, several snipers, another 5 infantry units and again MORE MINES. Oh and that heavily armed bridge? Their flag is on the other side, you win if you can take it. You spawn in with no room to maneuver, NO COVER WHAT SO EVER; you basically have to win the game on the first turn or watched your beloved troops get mowed down in seconds.

#12 DMZ

DMZ

Maxthon 3 RULES!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 02:07 PM

Got attacked by a guy in Stronghold Kingdoms, toled me to be his vassle or I die. So I razed his city now his faction keeps sending attacks lol...

#13 happysister

happysister

War Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 04:22 PM

downloading League of Legends today per a friend recommending it. i've heard of the game before, but never actually figured out what kind of game it is. now that i know, it should prove entertaining, hopefully.

#14 Kozahk

Kozahk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,251 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 04 September 2011 - 08:02 AM

On Ace Combat 6 on Ace of the Aces difficulty, I managed to pull off a rather impressive display of aerobatic maneuvers to dodge and weave through like a dozen missile chasing me, only to hit power lines and crash when I flew too low. >.>

#15 dimples

dimples

Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 09:26 AM

Discovered that I have 2 DLC achievements on Brink. And I don't have any DLC for the game :/ Weird

Found out that I actually do have the DLC. I downloaded it when it was free, even tho I didn't own Brink then ;) Feel stupid.. Sure.

#16 Burbie52

Burbie52

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 09:47 PM

Red Dead Redemption has been having a lot of glitches show up in online play. So far i have seen it raining horses for the sky, a wagon in the sky without a horse attached, many times seen wagons with no wheels being dragged by a horse team with the occupants riding in the air above the seats. I have also seen fellow players drop out of the air into the game. There are also some people glitching in the game to become invincible, but they can only use knives and hatchets to kill you. Still, I can't wait til next week when the new free upgrade happens, they are supposedly fixing these cheats.

#17 happysister

happysister

War Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 03:38 AM

i just had THE MOST intense pvp match ever in League of Legends. it was amazing. both teams were giving it their all and being good natured about it as well. the match lasted like 45-50 mins. my team lost, but the ending made me LOL. i was so sad that the chat wasn't working. i wanted to tell the other team just how amazing that match was.

#18 Burbie52

Burbie52

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 03:12 PM

Been busy writing for Home Station magazine and playing White Knight Chronicles 2. Great game if you like rpgs like I do. Has some interesting new stuff added to it and the story has taken a new twist as well.

#19 dimples

dimples

Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 08:59 PM

Well this isn't really random but I just have to say it. I just reached 70,000 gamerscore :D I had intentions of breaking 100,000 this year, but that will be remaining as a dream. Just don't have the time for it :)

#20 MyNameDidntFit

MyNameDidntFit

Token Australian

• MG Staff
  • 2,927 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 05:35 PM

Playing a game of D&D and I natural 20'd (critical hit, essentially) a dragon in the sphincter with my fist... it then proceeded to turn around and destroy me utterly.

I learned a valuable lesson: never punch a dragon in the arse.

elves in the snow
a deceptively named (it's not about elves) and incredibly slow-paced Warhammer painting log

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users